Just In Case | Cost: Free | Mobile App
Prevent suicides. Turn a smartphone into a lifeline.
The app serves both the student encountering a mental health crisis and concerned roommates or friends. The app helps all students understand a mental health crisis and most critically, connects them to hotline emergency resources as needed. With Just in Case app, help is just a touch away…
CALM | Cost: Free | iTunes | Google Play | Web
Calm is the #1 app for mindfulness and meditation to bring more clarity, joy and peace to your daily life. Join the millions experiencing less anxiety and better sleep with our guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs and relaxing music. Recommended by top psychologists and mental health experts to help you de-stress. Calm is the perfect meditation app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users. Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes so you can choose the perfect length to fit with your schedule. Topics include:
- Calming Anxiety
- Managing Stress
- Deep Sleep
- Focus and Concentration
- Breaking Habits
- Body Scan
- Commuting to work or school
- Mindfulness at College
- Walking meditation
- Calm Kids
- And so much more....
Insight Timer | Cost: Free | iTunes | Google Play | Web
The #1 free meditation app. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness. Guided meditations and talks led by the world’s top mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and meditation teachers from Stanford, Harvard, Dartmouth and the University of Oxford. Music tracks from world-renowned artists.
With 10+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
- Thousands of guided meditations
- Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
- Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
- The world's most popular meditation Timer
- Follow your favourite teachers
- Thousands of discussion groups and community features
- Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
- Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse and follow popular topics including:
- Sleep deeply right now
- Improve sleep quality
- Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
- Getting through Recovery and Addictions
- Self-love and Compassion
- Focus and Concentration
- Better Relationships
- Meditation for Kids
- Mindful Eating
- And much more..
Simple Habit | Cost: Free | iTunes | Google Play
Simple Habit is the best meditation app for busy people. Meditate for just 5 minutes/day to reduce stress, improve focus, sleep better, relax faster, breathe easier, and more. Recommended by Apple and Business Insider
WHY SIMPLE HABIT?
- Only 5-minutes per day to improve your life through stress relief and improved focus
- New meditation guides by the world’s best teachers, from mindfulness experts at Google to former monks
- Perfect for busy lifestyles - meditate with Simple Habit's On-the-Go feature to quickly calm your nerves and/or anxiety to achieve a sense of mindfulness
- Guided meditations for specific symptoms (sleep, stress, anxiety, depression, and more)
- Guided meditations for specific life situations to help you relax and calm down (wake-up, commute, tough day at work, and more)
- Track your progress with Mindful Minutes
- NEW! Access meditations offline with Premium subscription so you can meditate at any time
CBT-i Coach | Cost: Free | iTunes | Google Play | Web
CBT-i Coach is for people who are engaged in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia with a health provider, or who have experienced symptoms of insomnia and would like to improve their sleep habits. The app will guide users through the process of learning about sleep, developing positive sleep routines, and improving their sleep environments. It provides a structured program that teaches strategies proven to improve sleep and help alleviate symptoms of insomnia.
CBT-i Coach is intended to augment face-to-face care with a healthcare professional. It can be used on its own, but it is not intended to replace therapy for those who need it.
CBT-i Coach is based on the therapy manual, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia in Veterans.
CBT-i Coach was a collaborative effort between VA’s National Center for PTSD, Stanford School of Medicine, and DoD’s National Center for Telehealth and Technology.
Dream EZ | Cost: Free | iTunes | Google Play
Dealing with post-traumatic stress can be tough all on its own. Unfortunately for many people the nightmares that go with post-traumatic stress can leave you tired during the day. And feeling sleepy all the time can make it that much harder to recover. Dream EZ is based on the principles of imagery rehearsal therapy (IRT). This therapy can help change nightmares into less disturbing dreams so you can get a better night’s sleep.
Imagery Rehearsal Therapy (IRT) is an evidence-based treatment for reducing nightmares. The goal of IRT is to reduce the frequency and intensity of nightmares. By doing so, people also find that their sleep, anxiety, and depression symptoms improve.
Although Dream EZ is available to everyone, this app should be used with a health care provider. It is in no way intended to be a therapy replacement tool. Dream EZ should always be used as part of ongoing nightmare reduction therapy. If you are a U.S. military service member, dependent and/or veteran and need help finding a therapist, please call the DCoE Outreach Center at (866) 966-1020
This application was created for U.S. service members, their dependents and veterans by the National Center for Telehealth & Technology, a part of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury and the Defense Health Agency.
Tide | Cost: Free | iTunes | Google Play | Web
Do you want to study or work more efficiently in the daytime? Or get into sleep faster and have better sleep quality? All you need is Tide, our free focus and sleep app.
Tide is a physical and mental health app on a theme of nature sounds, which helps you to keep focused, reduce stress, relax and sleep better in the busy daily life.
- Anyone who suffers from sleep problems.
- Procrastinators that have difficulties keeping focused.
- Creative workers that frequently disturbed by a noisy environment.
- High-stressed population that had been in anxiety and tired feelings for a long time.
- Meditation practitioners who want to achieve peacefulness of body and mind.
- Anyone who wants to live themself a better life
Mindfulness means paying attention, on purpose, to whatever is going on in the present moment without passing judgment on it. Mindfulness has been shown to be effective for reducing stress, improving emotional balance, increasing self-awareness, helping with anxiety and depression, and coping more effectively with chronic pain.
This app was developed to help Veterans, Service members, and others learn how to practice mindfulness. It offers exercises, information, and a tracking log so that you can optimize your practice.
Mindfulness Coach was created by VA’s National Center for PTSD and DoD’s National Center for Telehealth & Technology.
LIVESTRONG My Quit Coach | Cost: Free | iTunes
The right support is essential to quit smoking. That’s why the LIVESTRONG.COM team built the physician-approved MyQuit Coach app. Get your own personalized plan to help you finally stop smoking, once and for all.
You can choose to quit smoking cold turkey or gradually decrease your daily nicotine intake at a pace that works for you. Keeping track of the cigarettes you smoke and your cravings gives you quantifiable proof that it IS getting easier, motivating you to keep going. Need some additional motivation and support? Collect goal-based achievements to remind you of your progress, or reach out to our robust community, filled with people who know firsthand how difficult it is to quit.