Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has made a number of innovations to our services for this fall semester. We are hopeful that these changes will allow us to serve a greater number of students in a timely manner. Here are highlights of our current services:
- Anxiety Toolbox Group
- Art Therapy
- AAPI Support
- LGBTQ+ Support
- Coping with Grief & Loss Group
- Graduate Support Group
- Mindfulness Group
Call (209)228-4266 for more information about these groups. If groups fill up, we will strive to add more groups to meet the need.
To establish services call (209)228-4266. CAPS front desk staff will ask a series of questions to determine the urgency of student's needs. Students who do not meet the criteria for a crisis appointment will be given the following options:
- Meet with a CAPS counselor for a brief session during drop-in call times to assess needs and offer resources. Call-in times Spring Semester 2021: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 8-11am & 1-3pm & Wednesday's 9AM-11AM & 1PM-3PM
- List of available groups that can be utilized regardless of whether the student has been seen by a CAPS counselor
- Information on how to access online mental health resources through WellTrack and TAO
- Information on handout materials regarding various topics
- Information on how to access mental health services off-campus
- Information on how to access CAPS after-hours counseling services at 209-228-4266
Students who are in crisis will be given an immediate appointment. If you are in crisis please see our urgent services page for more information.
To find a provider off-campus please see our long-term individual counseling page.