Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has made a number of innovations to our services for this fall semester. We are hopeful that these changes will allow us to serve a greater number of students in a timely manner. Here are highlights of our current services:
- Recovery Support Group
- Dialectic Behavior Skill Group
- Undergrad International Support Group
- Anxiety Toolbox
- Graduate Student Support Group
- Managing Emotions Process Group
- International Graduate Support Group
- Men's Support Group
Call (209)228-4266 for more information about these groups. If groups fill up, we will strive to add more groups to meet the need.
To establish services call (209)228-4266 or walk into the Counseling Center. CAPS front desk staff will ask a series of questions to determine the urgency of student's needs. Students who do not meet criteria for a crisis appointment will be given the following options:
- Meet with a CAPS counselor for a brief session during drop-in time to assess needs and offer resources Drop-in times Spring Semester 2020: Mondays and Wednesdays 9-11am & 1-3pm; Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays 8AM-11AM & 1PM-3PM
- List of available groups which can be utilized regardless of whether the student has been seen by a CAPS counselor
- Information on how to access online mental health resources through WellTrack and TAO
- Information on handout materials regarding various topics
- Information on how to access mental health services off-campus
- Information on how to access CAPS after-hours counseling services at 209-228-4266
Students who are in crisis will be given an immediate appointment. If you are in crisis please see our urgent services page for more information.
To find a provider off-campus please see our long-term individual counseling page.