Counseling & Psychological Services operates on an appointment basis but will make exceptions for crisis situations that require immediate student assessment and intervention. This service is only available Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 4:00pm. If you find yourself in crisis after hours please use one of the following options:
- Call the CAPS After-Hours crisis line at (209) 228-4266 and press 1 after the prompt to be connected to a ProtoCall clinician.
- Call Campus Police at (209)228-2677
- Call the National Suicide Hotline at (800)273-8255
- Text Start to 741-741 for the National Service Crisis Text Line (anonymous and confidential crisis counseling via text message)
- Call 911
- Go to your nearest hospital emergency room